In response to your requests, we are organizing High Holiday childcare for children, from age 3 (toilet-trained) through elementary school, in the Penthouse during these High Holiday services:
- Rosh Hashanah: October 3, from 9:45 am to 1:30 pm
- Yom Kippur: October 12, from 9:45 am to 4:30 pm
- Yom Kippur: October 12, from 5:45 pm to 7 pm
NOTE: The break in Yom Kippur childcare is for the (new!) Family-Friendly Afternoon Service, from 4:30 pm to 5:45pm, with adult and child Torah discussions.
We will be asking for a contribution per child for each childcare “session”—RH $10, YK morning/mid-day $15, YK Neilah Service (last hour) $5, in hopes of breaking even on the expense for the lead adult caregiver and one or more Hebrew High teen assistants. Please give more if you can, and less if you can’t.
We are also asking parents to spend 20-30 minutes volunteering in the childcare room to help support the Jewish/Holiday elements by reading a story, helping with a song or sitting in at the arts & crafts table.
In order to plan ahead and secure appropriate care, we need you to answer some questions. Please email Shelly or Desma with this information:
- Do you plan to use chilcare on Rosh Hashanah or Yom Kippur? If so, please specify the name and age of each child, and which of the three sessions you wish to use.
- Can you recommend an adult lead caregiver (teacher, nanny or other experienced caregiver) to be the lead for our childcare, whether or not you plan to use childcare yourself. If so, please give us their name, email, phone number, and tell us how you know this person.
We will be able to accommodate a few HT children whose parents do not “pre-register” them, but we are sure you understand that your pre-registration is vitally important to our planning and budgeting.
Please get back to Shelly at Meet the Teachers night 9/14 or via email to Shelly/Desma by the 1st week of Hebrew School—Sept. 19/21! You can also contact the office for more information.