Ultimately, it is new memberships and renewals that makes Hebrew Tabernacle’s continued revitalization possible. This coming year, we intend to continue our work on our beloved but aging building, expand our relationship with Rabbi Paula, hire a part-time cantor, and offer more events and programs to our membership and the Washington Heights community at large.
We have accomplished a lot in this past year including:
- Getting to know and worshipping with our wonderful Rabbi Paula Feldstein in person
- Returning to the sanctuary but also continuing to provide access to meaningful services via Zoom
- Welcoming new members who have joined or returned
- Resuming in person Hebrew School and Hebrew High School
- A strong and very active Social Action Committee, reinvigorating our commitment to Tikkun Olam, our environment and healing the world
- Art exhibits, the Book Club, Rita’s Exercise Class and quarterly Blood Drives
- Extensive progress on the installation of our green air conditioning system which is scheduled to be completed very soon!